You know those late night cravings you get for something? Maybe it’s sweet, maybe it’s greasy, but if you’re like most people, it’s probably not healthy. Before you indulge in that craving next time, try this alternative to french fries – baked asparagus fries.
- 1 cup of Panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound of asparagus (trimmed)
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Combine Panko and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Add salt and pepper.
- Coat asparagus in flour, dip into beaten eggs and then cover in the Panko mixture.
- Put asparagus onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes (done when crisp).