This week’s recipe is a little different than many that we’ve shared over the past few weeks. Cooking Light‘s Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi recipe is full of healthy, summery ingredients that are to die for.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 7 tsp. butter
- 1.5 lbs. peeled and de-veined jumbo shrimp
- 2 tsp. fresh garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cook orzo according to directions on package (omit salt and fat).
- Put orzo in a bowl. Stir in parsley and 1/4 tsp. salt. Cover.
- Melt 1 tbsp. butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Put the remainder of the salt on the shrimp. Put half of shrimp in the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Put shrimp on a plate once cooked.
- Melt 1 tbsp. butter in skillet. Add the remainder of the shrimp to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Put the cooked shrimp on a plate.
- Melt 1 tbsp. butter in skillet. Cook garlic in the skillet for 30 seconds. Add shrimp, lemon juice and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.