You may not typically think of what health benefits are associated with mint, but it is known to help with allergies, the common cold and indigestion.
We’d love to hear your feedback on this recipe!
- 8 ounces whole grain penne pasta
- 5 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 3 green onions
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. of pepper
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1/3 cup pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- Cook pasta as directed on the package. Drain in a colander over a bowl. Save 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Return pasta and liquid to pan. Cover and set heat to low.
- In a separate skillet, turn heat to medium-high.
- Add 1 tbsp. oil and asparagus to skillet. Saute until tender or about three minutes.
- Add white parts of green onion and garlic. Cook 30 seconds.
- Add wine and cook one minute.
- Combine asparagus mixture with pasta and add salt and pepper.
- Add remaining 2 tsp. of olive oil, green onion, butter and cheese.
- Top the dish with pistachios and mint.