Today we’re passing on one of Pioneer Woman’s classic recipes for chicken salad. With chicken, yogurt and almonds, this recipe is a great source of protein!
- 1 whole chicken breast
- 2-3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 3 whole green onions (chopped)
- 2-3 cups grapes (halved)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise*
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Dill (minced) & any other fresh herbs
- 1/2 cup almonds (slivered)
- 1 tbsp.brown sugar*
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
*For a lighter, healthier version add less*
- Cook chicken in crockpot.
- When chicken is fully cooked, shred with a fork and place in a bowl.
- Chop celery, green onions and grapes. Combine with the shredded chicken.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add dill and other herbs of choice.
- Combine dressing with chicken, fruit and veggies and stir.