This week we’re sharing the Tomato Avocado Cucumber Chickpea Salad from Cooking Classy. With summer quickly approaching, this is the perfect light meal to help you beat the heat.
One of the main ingredients in this salad – the chickpea – has an abundant amount of health benefits. It helps with weight loss, energy production, iron boost, blood sugar stabilization, antioxidants and – most importantly for vegetarians – it’s a source of protein.
- 2 containers red cherry tomatoes
- 1 container yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas (drained, rinsed)
- 1.5 cucumbers (peeled, sliced into quarters)
- 2 avocados (peeled, cored, diced)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 3 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil (chopped)
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano
- Toss tomatoes, chickpeas and cucumbers together in a salad bowl.
- Add avocado and parsley. Toss.
- Dressing – In a separate bowl or a blender, mix olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and salt. Stir in basil and oregano.
- Add dressing and feta to the salad mixture. Toss and coat evenly.
Comment with your favorite recipe and it may show up on the blog next week!